1990 Discovery Series 1 Overfinch 5.7
Suppled with 3 Months Parts & Labour Warranty (at retail price).
We are very excited by this, what must be, an exceedingly rare example.
Supplied new in Northern Ireland on the current registration number GBZ 4900 by Charles Hurst Ltd (Official Rolls-Royce / Bentley / Ferrari & Land Rover Dealers) when new and having stayed there ever since until being brought here in 2012, she remains in remarkable condition and has her original book pack, Overfinch build sheets/invoices and three GM service, parts and repair manuals.
The Overfinch Conversion was carried out in 1993 and included the following upgrades: -
- GM 5.7 litre V8 engine - 24MPG Average
- Overfinch full stainless steel exhaust system
- Uprated braking with ventilated discs in lieu of plain
- Overfinch anti roll bars front & rear plus rear self-levelling units
- Uprated dampers all round
- Overfinch 20% more direct ratio steering gear (OEM manufactured quick rack)
- Overfinch rose jointed Pan hard rod to front axle
- Overfinch Recaro contoured front seats in matching Land Rover fabric
- Overfinch glass sunroof storage bag
- Overfinch leather sports steering wheel
- Overfinch 'Ferrari' style instruments
- Overfinch additional fuel tank (twin tanks from a single filler)
- Heated front windscreen
This cost £22.000 plus VAT in period!!!
On top of these Overfinch upgrades she is fitted with: -
- 5 Speed manual gears
- 7 seats
- Twin sunroofs
- Electric windows & mirrors
- Phillips radio / cassette player with Pioneer sub-woofer
- Rear Lamp guards
- Auxiliary driving / spot lights
- New 255/60VR16 tyres fitted to genuine Land Rover Sports 7 x 16 alloy wheels
She has recently been the subject of some major restoration works commissioned by her SECOND OWNER which included, but not exclusive to, new springs, new shock absorbers, bushes & clutch. The underside and bodywork was stripped, checked and repaired as necessary before being re-painted (the underside with the correct underseal and the body in Light Mistrel Blue as per the original specification.
These works amounted to over £17.000, we then spent an additional 90 hours (£6480 Inc. VAT) on the car renewing all the suspension, replacing the tyres, setting the car up and fully detailing the Overfinch so she presents and drives in a manner expected with this sort of outlay.
A truly amazing vehicle which must be driven to be fully appreciated.